Real Estate Technology is far from the Future

Saranga Pagadala
2 min readNov 1, 2022

--

It’s no secret that the real estate industry is behind when it comes to technology. A recent study found that only 8% of real estate professionals use technology in their businesses. This is compared to the other 92% who rely on traditional methods like print ads, cold calling, and door-to-door sales.

There are several reasons why the real estate industry is so behind in technology. For one, the industry is highly fragmented. There are a lot of small businesses and independent agents, which makes it difficult to get everyone on board with using new technologies. Additionally, real estate is a relationship-based business, which means that many agents are hesitant to use new technologies that could potentially replace personal interactions.

Finally, implementing new technologies can be prohibitive for many small businesses. Many real estate tech startups are focused on developing solutions for the big players in the industry, like Zillow and Realtor.com. This leaves smaller businesses and independent agents at a disadvantage when it comes to adopting new technologies. Despite these challenges, there are a number of ways that the real estate industry can use social media for marketing. First, social media can be used to connect with potential clients.

Agents can use platforms like Facebook and Twitter to share listings, open houses, and other information about their businesses. Additionally, social media can be used to build relationships with potential clients. By engaging with potential clients on social media, agents can establish themselves as trusted resources and build rapport before meeting in person.

Another way social media can be used for marketing is by leveraging user-generated content. In the real estate industry, user-generated content (UGC) refers to online reviews, testimonials, and other forms of feedback from past clients. This type of content can be extremely valuable for agents, as it provides potential clients an unbiased look at what it’s like to work with a particular agent.

When used correctly, social media can be a powerful marketing tool for agents and businesses in the real estate industry. By staying active on social media and regularly sharing helpful and relevant content, agents can position themselves as experts in their field and attract more leads. Additionally, by leveraging user-generated content, agents can add more credibility to their online presence.

--

--